The NBSAP Forum contains an extensive library of best practices related to developing and implementing NBSAPs. Our purpose is to enable countries to share and learn about effective, field-tested techniques and solutions. We work closely with our members to document the problem addressed, for whom, the primary actions, how they achieved results, and the solution they achieved. Search for or submit your best pratice here.
Latest Best Practices
- How to overcome the language barrier for non-English speaking 6NR team / August 26, 2018
- The Albatross Task Force: Working With The Fishing Industry To Save Ocean Wanderers / August 4, 2017
- Producing Bird-Friendly Beef Across The South American Grasslands / June 6, 2017
- A Mining Company, NGOs And Cattle Owners Work Together To Establish A Vulture Safe Zone In India / June 6, 2017
- Mainstreaming Biodiversity Into Land-Use Planning Through The Natura 2000 Network / March 26, 2018
The NBSAP Forum contains over 1,500 Aichi Biodiversity Target-related resources and is one of the largest repositories of this kind of information. We offer free downloads of papers, scientific articles, resource guides, presentations, videos and reports. Each resource is tagged to the relevant Aichi Biodiversity Target and any related topics, such as spatial planning, national reporting and gender mainstreaming. You can share resources and explore our resource library here!
- 15th Anniversary of the Entry into Force of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety / September 18, 2018
- Integrated Implementation of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, the Nagoya-Kuala Lumpur Supplementary Protocol on Liability and Redress and the Convention on Biological Diversity in Venezuela | Webinar Presentation / September 12, 2018
- Tunisian Experiences and Best Practices on Sampling, Detection and Identification of Living Modified Organisms (LMOs) | Webinar Presentation / September 12, 2018
- The Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety & the Nagoya - Kuala Lumpur Protocol on Liability and Redress: National Developments of Liability and Redress Slovenia | Webinar Presentation / September 12, 2018
- Risk Assessment of Living Modified Organisms for Direct Use as Food, Feed, or for Processing (FFP) | Webinar presentation / September 13, 2018
Our peer review facility is to provide national teams the opportunity to have their draft NBSAP or Sixth National Report reviewed by experts and the global NBSAP community and staff at the CBD Secretariat, UNDP and UN Environment. We follow a technical review framework that outlines the key elements that should be included in a NBSAP or 6NR. Using our peer review facility will help ensure that your documents are in alignment with COP decisions and related guidance. We also hope this opportunity enables your team to meet global best practices.
Latest Peer Reviews
- What are the Sustainable Development Goals? / March 29, 2018
- Mini-resilience Assessment Week 4 Option 3 / March 29, 2018
- Travail individuel Option 1'' la Purification naturelle des eaux de consommation'' des infrastructures vertes pour la durabilité et la resilience aux chocs ecologiques / March 29, 2018
- Travail Individuel Option 2'' Le Protocole de Montréal, Une action Collective pour Restaurer la couche d'ozone dans l'atmosphere'' / June 18, 2018
- Concept For Conservation And Sustainable Use Of The Biological Diversity Of The Republic Of Kazakhstan Until 2030 / February 27, 2017