On Tuesday 26 Nov. 2019, during the twenty-third meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTTA 23), UNDP, UNEP and CBD co-hosted a side event on "Using Spatial Data to Support NBSAP Implementation for the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework: Best Practices from around the World".
This side event featured several high-quality speakers and presentations:
- Jamison Ervin, Manager of the Nature for Development Programme, UNDP
- Alex Owusu-Biney, Portfolio Manager on Biosafety and GEF Coordinator, UNEP
- Annie Virnig, Coordination of the UN Biodiversity Lab
- Eugenia Arguedas, Technical Focal Point to the CBD for Costa Rica
- Martha Mphatso Kalemba, Principal Environmental Officer responsible for Biodiversity in Ministry of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining
- Yan Liu, Director of Nature Conservation and Biodiversity Research Center, Nanjing Institute of Environmental Sciences
- The debate was moderated by Marion Marigo, UNDP Technical Specialist
Learn more about the best practices by downloading the presentations below! If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to contact Marion Marigo at email@example.com.